Our exclusive 'Kristen' collars can easily transform a plain kids singlet into something stunning ... and all in just a matter of minutes. This project is definitely suited to beginner crafters and can be either hand or machine stitched.
- Fold your Kristin collarto find the centre of the piece.
- Pin the centre of the collar to the centre of your singlet strap. This particular collar is sewn on the outside of the shirt because it has a really pretty border.
- Now pin the remainder of the collar in place, around the singlet armhole.
- Now sew a simple stitch, joining the collar to the shirt. Don't forget to back-stitch (ie sew a few stitches forward then a few stitches back) at both the ends of your collar to ensure your stitching won't undo.
- Do the same for the other armhole and you are done! Simple and stunning :)
Want a vintage-inspired look instead of using the white Kristen wing collar? Our Lulu embroidered collars can be used exactly the same as the above.